Sunday 19 June 2011

Audio books and C.J Cherryh

C.J Cherryh of the Pyanfur Chanur books fame was very kind to reply to my emails yesterday regarding her Chanur series. I asked if it would be possible for her pressure her publishers into releasing proper audio versions. She replied that it would take upward pressure from places like Amazon and Audible.

I don't know if you know, but if there are books you would like to listen too, Audible.co.uk and Audible.com (owned by Amazon) have an email address content-requests@audible.com where you can make your requests. I have used it a few times, and after reading Cherryh's email I sent some more about her books.

She tells me that she has never had legitimate audio versions of her books available, and that piracy of her work is rampant online. Its such a shame. I have listened to many books from Audible, and some of the narrators are fantastic. They really suck you into the story. So if you love C.J Cherryh as much as i do, please use Audible and request they make her books available.

Mark E. Cooper
http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment