Sunday 12 June 2011

The Devan Chronicles by Mark E. Cooper

My name is Mark E. Cooper, and I'm the author of six titles. Four are solidly in the epic fantasy genre, while the other two are different. One is military sci-fi, and the other is paranormal/urban fantasy. The Devan Chronicles are available now in kindle, published just last week, at Amazon.com. Links to other versions of my books at Amazon can be found on my website at http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk/

About The Devan Chronicles: epic fantasy genre

Book one of The Devan Chronicles is called The God Decrees... Lord Keverin is desperate to save his people and the kingdom he serves from the sorcerers of the Protectorate. A spell is cast to bring a champion to Lord Keverin's aid, but something goes wrong and a Julia Morton suddenly finds herself stranded on an alien world with no friends and no way home. This book introduces us to the land of Deva while we follow Julia through a war torn kingdom, as she makes friends and enemies alike. Can she learn to harness magic to save herself and those she comes to love?


Book two of The Devan Chronicles is called The Power that Binds...  a year on from Julia Morton’s arrival at Fortress Athione, an uneasy truce is being maintained between Deva and her enemies, but the Protectorate never rests. Believing himself destined to rule, Lord Mortain unleashes General Navarien upon the north in an effort to bypass Julia’s guardianship of Deva’s western borders. Can Julia persuade the lords to act, or must she resort to force and magic?




Book three of the Devan Chronicles is called The Warrior Within... Julia Morton, sorceress of Athione, has been saved from her abductors at Kerrion's insistence by warriors of his Clan. Grateful to be alive, but not yet well from her ordeal, Julia swears to repay her debt by destroying Kerrion's enemies once and for all.





Book four of the Devan Chronicles is called Dragon Dawn... The war rages on and General Navarien is advancing into Deva despite all the clans and Julia can do. King Gylaren must march north to oppose the invasion, but it takes time to muster the army, and there is no time. With war in the north, and Japura now allied with dark Tindebrai, Gylaren sends his son and heir on a desperate mission to seek aid. Can anything stop the juggernaut of war that is Navarien's legion?


I hope you enjoy reading them as much as i enjoyed writing them :)

Mark E. Cooper
http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk/

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Best wishes with the blog and with your novels! I'm thinking of writing a review or two on my blog sometime in the future; maybe I'll check a sample of whichever of your novels sounds most up my alley. :-)

    Shawn

    http://shawnthorgersen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dropping by, Shawn. My first posts will be to display my books, but as soon as I get the hang of blogging I will post about day to day writing, snippets and ideas etc.

    Hope you like that kind of thing :)

    Mark E. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I love your book covers.

    A great way to get started with blogging is to set a side a day to just write a bunch of posts. Then you can schedule them to post later - in Blogger there is a section called "post options" under the text box where you type. I also save post ideas as drafts to come back to when I have time.

    I'm also following you and would appreciate a follow as well.

    Thanks,
    Mark Wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark, thanks for the tips. I will follow your blog :)

    Mark E. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just bought book 1, looking forward to settling down with a cup of tea and reading it. Your blog is looking great, am following and can't wait to see more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ara, thanks for dropping by and following me. I hope you like Julia's adventures. Did you go for a kindle version then?

    Mark E. Cooper
    http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep I went for the kindle version, after the forum post I thought it would be fun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Araseth:

    Cool! I don't know many people who own a kindle, but its not something they would wave around and tell me about. Probably a lot of people have them and just think nothing of it. To me the kindle is special because its still new to me.

    Let's hope lots of people buy my kindle versions. I will write more of them!

    Mark E. Cooper
    http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mr Cooper, I came across two of your books by accident, my two grandsons, who NEVER read anything had their heads stuck in them. I was surprised, normally unless it has batteries and things that shoot things they are not interested, when they had done I picked them up, Book 1, Fledgling Jason Steed. was terrific, you made me laugh, jump and get a tear in my eye. Book 2, Revenge Jason Steed, was one of the fastest paced books I have ever read, what you put that poor kid through! My grandsons are looking for more of your books, they of course hope for book 3 Jason Steed, I have bought books 1-4 of the Devon Chronicles for them for Christmas this year, and when they are done, I am looking forward to reading them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished reading the whole series but was a bit disappointed that it stopped where it did. Is there possibly going to be another book or 4?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I no longer use this blog. My website and live blog is at http://www.impulsebooks.co.uk

    I will be FINALLY returning to Devan Chronicles in 2017 with book 5.

    ReplyDelete